AMANECER LITHIUM PROJECT
Pocitos Salar, Salta Province, Argentina
Amanecer Lithium Project
The 2,500 hectare Amanecer property is situated in the very prospective Pocitos Salar in the Argentinian portion of the Lithium Triangle. The Pocitos salar, a well-known salar in the friendly mining province of Salta; Argentina, has been the subject of previous exploration.
Local infrastructure is excellent with a maintained access route, a natural gas pipeline located 17 kilometers to the east of the salar, the InterAndes power corridor approximately 35 kilometers to the north, and rail service crosses the salar and joins with the port city of Antofagasta in Chile.
The Company intends to evaluate the potential of the project to support new lithium extraction technology being developed by Eon Minerals Inc., a technology company with a laboratory in Salta, Argentina.
As part of the Amanecer Lithium Project acquisition transaction announced May 2, 2022, the Company plans to fund the construction of a pilot plant using the Eon Minerals LLC, patent pending Hybrid Direct Lithium Extraction absorbent technology.
- POCITOS SALAR – known salar with extensive exploration history.
- MINING FRIENDLY – superior location in Salta Province, Argentina.
- INFRASTRUCTURE – roads, rail, airport, electrical power and natural gas.
- PROVEN TEAM – Eon staffed by highly experienced industry professionals.
- DLE TECHNOLOGY – innovative hybrid Direct Lithium Extraction technology to be employed onsite
- LABORATORY – full test facility and laboratory owned and operated in Salta, Argentina.
- PILOT PLANT – pilot plant construction and absorbent test work underway.
- The Amancer Lithium project is located in the renowned Lithium triangle of Argentina, Bolivia, and Chile and within the Puna geological region of northwest Argentina.
- The Amancer Lithium Project area has never been extensively explored, yet is uniquely located close to a concentration of major players representing some of the largest producers of lithium who collectively service a large percentage of the growing global demand.
- At the Pocitos salar, early stage investigations have shown Lithium concentrations up to 417 mg/L in borehole samples in 1970. As of 2019, drilling licenses are approved for immediate commencement.
Hybrid Technology for Lithium Recovery
Eon Lithium intends to evaluate the potential of the project to support new hybrid lithium extraction technology being developed by Eon Minerals Inc., a technology company with a laboratory in Salta, Argentina. Eon Lithium plans to fund the construction of a pilot plant using the Eon Minerals LLC, patent pending Direct Lithium Extraction absorbent technology.
Additionally, the Company has agreed to provide funding for an absorbent technology currently under development by Eon (the “Absorbent”), to produce lithium carbonate from the Amanecer Lithium Project. The Absorbent is at the investigation stage with a patent pending, and is in an aluminum-based absorbent that has the potential to recovery of a higher percentage of lithium than traditional evaporation technology.